Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The mystery of Ethel deepens


On a recent trip to Ashtabula county I visited Dorset Cemetery, where Ethel M. Marvin's husband (Edward F Connolly) and all three children are buried.  I had a hunch, and wanted to see in person how the graves were situated.  You see, I found a listing for an Ethel M. Hough, who was born in July 1870, the same month and year as Ethel M. Marvin Connolly. Which I thought was odd.  I could find no other Ethel M with anywhere near the same birth year anywhere near Ashtabula county in the databases.  So I wanted to see where exactly this Ethel was buried.

This is what I found:

Ethel M. Hough buried right next to Elizabeth Ann Connolly, who is Ethel M. Marvin's oldest child.  Which is a mighty strange coincidence. Edward died in 1918, so it's possible Ethel remarried, though I'd think she'd be buried with either husband, and not solo.

On my next trip, finding more clues will be a top priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment